Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Internet Marketing Rocks!

Phew!

I've just come back from a three day internet marketing marathon learning from people like Fred Gleeck, Stephen Pierce, Richard Beaty and many, many more about marketing on the internet.

To be honest, I think my head is about to explode with all the possibilities, but it's really opened my eyes.

So many coaches, myself included, fall into the "Time Trap". No I'm not talking about a black and white swirly thing that transports you through time, I'm talking about falling into the trap of exchanging time for money. There are only so many hours in the day and the only way to increase your income is either to charge more or coach while you sleep.

Now there's an interesting thought. What if you could coach while you sleep? What if while you were sleeping, someone was using your coaching questions and techniques to coach themselves and get the results they're looking for? I don't know about you, but this got me interested....

I've been using the internet for about a year to promote my coaching practice and I'd estimate that around 80% of my new coaching clients find me online. I've always known that lots of people look on the internet for information about coaching and to find a coach. But I'll be honest with you, when I really tapped into the power of the internet this January and got more enquiries than I could realistically handle, I found something out. There were people who desperately wanted to work with a coach, but they weren't able to afford realistic coaching rates. OK, so my coaches do operate at the higher end of the spectrum (around £150/hour for personal clients), but there were some people who couldn't even afford £30 or £40 for a session.

This did get me more than a little frustrated because the prices were published on the website and it was sometimes only after we'd had a few conversations that they admitted that they couldn't afford it. One in particular had been introduced to two of my coaches and had an exploratory meeting with one of them before revealing that she was on benefits - even though we'd talked about rates the first time we spoke!

So how can coaching be made available to more people? Through using the knowledge and expertise we all have. We can produce ebooks, run teleseminars, record audio CDs and even have paid membership sites. As well as making coaching more affordable for more people, it gives us as coaches access to a passive income. Once your ebook is out there, people can pay, download and read it while you sleep. When you wake up in the morning, check your computer to see how much you've earned from your coaching skills overnight!

I'm so excited about this!! Whilst none of this is exactly new, I now have the tools to make the most of it! Watch this space and I'll tell you how I get on....

1 Comments:

Blogger Jan Barley said...

Great message Hannah. I always feel like rushing out and changing the world when I read your words. Your enthusiasm is infectious.

I agree that there are a large percentage of clients who would benefit who simply can't afford it. I am currently focusing on family conflict coaching - having walked the talk and come out the other side (happily) with my own family. But to coach a whole family would be so time consuming so your idea is excellent.

I also use a tool that helps me to create super live seminars/workshops/training incorporated with the written word via ebooks. I will send details through to you over the next couple of days.

I started selling ebooks online in October for my other business, and am amazed at how well this is going. I also find it awsome how much people are prepared to pay for good information. I can highly recommend Joe Vitale's ebook - create your ebook in seven days. It helped me a lot to fine tune my writing, marketing and presentation of my books. It is definately the way forward.

I shall be sending you details, as promised, Hannah of the marketing tool which will help coaches and clients alike.

Keep up the good work.

Jan
www/worldlifecoach.co.uk

4:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home